THE NOT-SO-MINOR DETAILS
BRC Ultralight 1400
- PRICE: 159.00
- WEIGHT: 360gm
The low-cost LED mountain bike light market has completely taken off in the last few years. With the huge drops in price for decent lighting systems, night riding has become a more popular and affordable exercise than ever.
Of course the competition between brands is fierce, with each claiming to offer more features and more power at lower and lower price points. The upshot is that there are a number of brands now clearly sourcing their lights from the same factories, making some minor modifications and then going into the price battle to win the custom of your nocturnal activities.
BRC are one such brand, and their ULTRAStar 1400 is one such light. As the name would suggest, it pumps out a claimed 1400 lumens with burn and charge times that let you power up fast and ride for a long time.
The mounting system is basic but will fit any bike or helmet, and while the battery isn’t the most refined looking, well, cast your eyes at the price. It’s absolutely ridiculous.
The BRC 1400 lumen Ultrastar rechargeable LED Bike Light is one of the best value off-road lights available!
Handle bar and helmet compatible, this light is perfect for pitch black commuting trips or lighting up a 24 hour MTB race track.
- Latest generation Hi-Output / Hi-Efficiency CREE bulbs
- Super efficient and long lasting rechargeable battery (3.5hr burn time on HIGHEST setting…Quick charge time in less than 4hrs)
- Compact and lightweight design – under 360 grams for the whole system
- Approximately 200 metre effective range
- NEW helmet mount with two 40cm Velcro straps for securing to vented helmets
- NEW waterproof battery with NEW 4cm wide x 48cm long 2-in-1 velcro strap for securing to frame/stem
To read the article on Flow Mountain Bike, please go here: http://flowmountainbike.com/2013/08/fresh-product-brc-ultrastar-1400-lumen-light/