Lady Riders Attention! We’re happy to have on board Sarah Matthews! She’s going to be organising rides for ladies in the Sydney area. She will be the female voice of CELL and looks to help out any ladies out there that need help.
On July 1st Sarah will start her 2 month cycle ride across Europe (4000km) to raise valuable funds for RSPCA NSW.
Sarah works as a veterinarian for this charity and is humbled everyday by everyone she works with and by their supporters. She knows from first hand experience that all funds are put to invaluable use.
Thank you in advance to everyone who donates to such a good cause.
More about Sarah:
Sarah’s road bike accomplishments:
2. Melbourne to Adelaide via Great Ocean Road 2010 – for charity. 1000km i…n 10days
3. 250km endurance ride 2010
4. The Gong Ride 2009 and Gong and back 2010 – for charity
1. Oceania Climbing Champion 2006/7
2. Australian Climbing Champion 2004/5
3. Australian Representative – World Cup climbing team 2004-2009. World Cups in 16 countries and 3 World Championships. Highest world ranking 13th
1. Rowed for Cambridge University in the Boat Race vs Oxford 1995 and 1996.
2. Cambridge University Women’s Boat Club President 1996/7.
3. Rowed in pre-Olympic regatta in Atlanta 1996.
1. Travel Blog; Melbourne to Adelaide cycle ride for charity (2010)
…2. Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous. A Chinese Cultural Experience (2008) CRUX magazine 6: 55-57
3. A Paradise found – Bouldering in Koh Tao (2008)
CRUX magazine 7: 24-28
4. There’s a whole world (cup) out there, by Sarah Matthews (2006)
ROCK Australia’s climbing Magazine No 66: 10
5. There just ain’t no mountain high enough – Winsor Dobbin. The Sun Herald (November 19 2006)
6. Sarah Matthews – Urban Soul. Urban Life magazine (2008)
7. Aussie girls take on the World – Sarah Matthews reports on her trip to Shanghai with Samantha Berry for the China World Cup (2005) ROCK Australia’s climbing Magazine No 61: 16